50 dealers will be the first in the country to use the scheme next month but the firm wants all dealers to join in and reap the benefits. By the end of March 2012, the whole dealer network will be on board.
Representing a multi-million pound investment by Nissan, the new used car programme has been designed with quality in mind. The manufacturer has ambitions of the programme offering the emotional differentiation of MINI ‘cherished’, the professionalism of BMW Approved, and the tools and functionality given by used car supermarkets.
Using the innovation, quality and reliability seen in launching products like Juke and LEAF, Nissan has turned its attentions to its used car offering. As such CARED4 will offer customers the same experience buying used as that of buying a brand new Nissan.
Research carried out by the manufacturer has shown that roadworthiness and warranty protection are key concerns by customers when buying used cars.
Consequently Nissan has built CARED4 around the importance of delivering trust and reassurance for the customer. The package also forms a compelling choice for customers and a highly competitive advantage for dealers.
The four promises
The four customer promises that make up CARED4 are:
- Detailed checks – Including full vehicle history, for added peace of mind.
- Minimum 12 months’ warranty – The reassurance of a manufacturer-approved warranty on vehicles less than 7 years/75,000 miles.
- Exchange promise – Confidence of a 30-days/1,000 miles vehicle exchange.
- You + Nissan CARE commitment – Experience how used feels like new. Nissan roadside assistance, service and repair price match guarantee and a free courtesy car.
- The heavyweight marketing campaign will be running across national press, radio and key outdoor sites.
- A National Launch Event taking place between October 13 to 16 will also be promoted. At the event, retail customers who order a vehicle during the event period will be entitled to one year’s complimentary servicing.
- It may be only used cars but they’re just as important as new car sales. Here’s why…
- The successful handling of part-exchanges and dealer demonstrators and courtesy cars is paramount to the achievement of new vehicle sales.
- The used vehicle buyers of today may be the new vehicle buyers of tomorrow – a high percentage of customers who recently purchased a new Nissan previously owned a used Nissan.
- The retention of customers for service and repair work is higher if a used Nissan is purchased from a Nissan dealer.
- Used vehicle sales activity creates an opportunity to generate additional income from finance, insurance, accessories, extended warranty sales and incremental profit into aftersales.
- Given the importance of used vehicles to overall dealer profitability and the considerable impact that used vehicle activity has on new vehicles, parts and labour sales, the most successful dealers are those who manage their used vehicle business effectively.
The Nissan CARED4 Programme is backed up with extensive support:
- Invaluable information
- Marketing assets and collateral including striking POS
- Merchandising support and materials
- Dedicated full-time used vehicle field team
Dealers should contact Used Car Performance Manager for further details of how to become a CARED4 dealer.